greateruticachamber.org seeks to maintain the accuracy of all content and information published at this website. All content and information at greateruticachamber.org might be changed or updated without notice. The information at greateruticachamber.org does not in any way constitute legal or professional advice and mvchamber.org cannot be held responsible for any use of such information.
Any link from greateruticachamber.org to an external website does not imply or mean that greateruticachamber.org endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content or use of such website. Greateruticachamber.org does not give any representation regarding the quality, safety, suitability, or reliability of any external websites or any of the content or materials contained in them. It is important for users to take necessary precautions, especially to ensure appropriate safety from viruses, worms, Trojan horses and other potentially destructive items.
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
The Greater Utica Chamber of Commerce may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- - To improve customer service
Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- - To improve our Site
We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- - To process payments
We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- - To send periodic emails
We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Greater Utica Chamber of Commerce
520 Seneca St #102, Utica, NY 13502
This document was last updated on December 05, 2012
- The Greater Utica Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to accept or decline any calendar submission. Generally, the Chamber will be guided in its decisions by the guidelines that follow.
- The Chamber calendar is equal opportunity and non-discriminating. Events are considered without regard to the race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or veteran’s status.
- The event must be in or near the Mohawk Valley, as opposed to events held in Syracuse or Albany, for example. An exception may be made for events outside of the Mohawk Valley if they are sponsored by a Chamber member.
- To avoid being overwhelmed by submittals, the Chamber will accept only events that are occasional by nature, not ongoing weekly or monthly events that are submitted with the expectation of continual listings.
- To be listed on the community calendar, the event must be open to the public. Aside from its own events, the Chamber will not ordinarily publish meetings or events for limited groups.
- In the interest of space, the Chamber reserves the right to limit the amount of information provided on the community calendar for any event.
- The Chamber reserves the right to limit the type of event accepted on the community calendar to those that it deems to be in good taste and in keeping with the standards of the community and the mission of the Chamber.
- The Chamber will not list on its community calendar those events sponsored solely to promote a particular candidate or candidates or events with the primary purpose of campaigning. Non-campaign events for current elected officials may be published. As for events designed to advance one or another side of a political issue, the Chamber will promote only those events supported in its Legislative Platform, which is approved by the Chamber's Board of Directors.
- The Chamber publishes calendar listings in good faith, but the submitting sponsor of the event will be responsible for checking the correctness of the entry; the Chamber is not responsible for errors or any losses/inconvenience resulting from errors.
Alternatives to promoting member event on Chamber’s Community Calendar
If member events do not satisfy these criteria and thus cannot be placed on the Community Calendar, we encourage the member to publicize their event through the Chamber in these ways:
- Provide the Chamber with your flyer and/or a press release about your event to email@example.com for inclusion in our weekly Member Mentions e-newsletter.
- Place an advertisement or flyer for a modest fee in the weekly Chamber e-newsletter.
- Conduct a self-mailed promotion; purchase the Chamber mailing list.