VISION, MISSION, VALUES & BY-LAWS
The Greater Utica Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit organization comprised of business and business-oriented members dedicated to the development of a prosperous economic climate that will enhance commercial growth and the quality of life for all who reside in the Mohawk Valley.
The Greater Utica Chamber of Commerce recognizes it is the voice of a unified-business community, and that by becoming active in several varied arenas it can achieve these goals and objectives:
To Play a significant role in the expansion of existing businesses and the attraction of new enterprises that will create jobs and result in economic growth for the area.
To Campaign for quality regional government, advocating the positive results that can be obtained through consolidation of elected offices and public services.
To Promote the area enthusiastically with innovation to the residents, as well as nonresidents, championing those assets that many locally take for granted and outsiders may not realize exist.
To Provide benefits that will assist member businesses in becoming successful economic entities.
To Foster partnerships and relationships with other organizations or individuals who wish to meet these opportunities and challenges within the Utica area.
Our Value Proposition:
One Unified Voice
The Greater Utica Chamber of Commerce is a collective and unified voice advocating for a prosperous business climate in the Utica area and New York State. As this region’s largest pro-business organization, we respond quickly to issues affecting our membership. We establish public policy positions on behalf of our business community and actively participate in government affairs by endorsing candidates seeking elected office. We have clearly defined public policy positions and a clear vision for rebuilding the Utica area based on our Four Pillars of Economic development within our region:
- Responsible Government
- Efficient Government Structure
Networking, Marketing, Business Development
- Business After Hours
- Speed Networking
- Cash Mob
- Chamber Ribbon Cuttings
- Greater Utica Chamber Community Business Expo
- Chamber Action newsletter, Week In Action e-newsletter, social media, and e-mails
- Affordable marketing advertising opportunities for your business
- We are a charter member of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce receiving U.S Chamber Accreditation in March 2012. We partner with the Business Council of New York State, Chamber Alliance of New York State and major metro chambers, including the CenterState Chamber Alliance.
- Community involvement with the United Way, Boilermaker Road Race, Great American Irish Festival, the Utica Zoo, and the Stanley Center for the Arts, among others.
- Special events include the Chamber Choo Choo Open, Chamber Clambake, Business of the Year Awards, Business Person of the Year Award, Annual Membership Meeting, Sweater Ball and Gore Mountain Ski Trip.
- Group health insurance through Benefits Specialists of NY
- Member-to-Member Chamber Approved discount program
- Monthly business seminars
- Lunch & Learn series
- Member discounts for events throughout the year
- Energy savings through Integrys Energy Services of New York
- Who’s Who in Business, listing in the Chamber’s printed directory of members
- Website, greateruticachamber.org includes, directory of members, description and links
Open membership in our councils:
- Government Affairs and Economic Development Council
- Publicity and Tourism Council
- Small Business Council
- Membership Council
Catalyst: The mission of Catalyst is to provide the spark to engage young professionals with the Greater Utica Chamber of Commerce. Through participation in the Chamber events, services and benefits, we offer our members a place to grow personally and professionally.
The Greater Utica Chamber of Commerce By-Laws is the document that guides the governance of the Chamber. The most recent copy of the By-Laws is available by clicking here.